BACON QUEEN CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Bacon Queen Contest (the “Contest”) is open to all women who are 21 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival, and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees and contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Contest will begin at Noon (C.T.) on January 23, 2022 and end at 11:59 p.m. (C.T.) on February 23, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). Entries will be accepted beginning at 8 am. (C.T.) on January 23, 2022 and ending at 11:59 p.m. (C.T.) on February 5, 2022 (the Entry Period).
During the Entry Period enter online by visiting blueribbonbaconfestival/baconqueenentry, submitting a photo of yourself, completing all required information and following all posted instructions. Online entries must be accompanied by a digital photograph. Each photo submission must be an authentic, original photograph taken by contestant identified on the accompanying entry form, and the contestant must own the copyright in the photograph submitted. All digital entries should be at the highest resolution possible. Sponsor will accept the formats of jpeg or png. Photos should be of the contestant being nominated only and should not include any other people. Images must not have been digitally altered in any way other than necessary cropping. Sponsor reserves the right to refuse any photograph that it determines to be unacceptable or inappropriate for viewing by a general audience.
All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. on February 5, 2022. Maximum one (1) enter per person.
Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival. All entries become property of Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival and none will be returned. Contestants acknowledge and agree that Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. By entering you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions in any email received from Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival.
4. Winner Selection. Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival fans will vote via the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival Facebook Page for the contestant they think would be the best representative for the 2020 Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival from Noon on February 6, 2022 to 11:59 p.m. on February 18, 2022 (the “Voting Period”). The top Contestants who receive the highest number of votes at the end of the voting period will be the Finalists. In the event of a tie, the Finalists will be randomly selected from, among the tied entries. The top Finalists will attend the Bacon Queen Pageant on Wednesday, Feb. 23, 2022 at Beer Can Alley, 3rd St & Court Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (C.T.). The Pageant will include two rounds: Question Round and Talent Round. During the Question Round the Finalists will each be asked, "Why should you be Bacon Queen?". A panel of qualified judges selected by Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival will judge all answers according to creativity and perceived love for bacon. Then ALL FINALISTS will move on to the 2nd round, Talent Round, during which each contestant will perform a bacon-related talent of their choice. The judging panel will again judge all talents according to creativity and perceived love for bacon. The participant with the highest score will be named the Grand Prize Winner. ALL FINALISTS will receive two (2) General Admission Tickets to the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival, held on February 26, 2022.
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive the title of “Bacon Queen” plus:
6 Early Admission Tickets to the BRBF
A pair of Bacon Shorts
Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival Bag of Branded Gifts
$250 Cash Prize
$250 Beer Can Alley Gift Card
$50 in Berkwood Farms Pork
$50 in Des Moines Bacon Company Pork
EACH FINALISTS participating in the Bacon Queen Pageant will receive 2 General Admission Tickets to the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The top finalists for Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival's Bacon Queen Contest will be notified on or about February 19, 2022 at the telephone number or email address provided on the winners entry form. Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner by phone after three (3) attempts or return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability certifying that the entrant’s submission is entrant's original work, that entrant owns right to the work, that the submission has not previously won an award or prize in a contest and has not previously been published, and that entrant has complied with the Official Rules of the Contest, and a liability and publicity release which must be returned as instructed by Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival. Failure to complete, sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival.
7. Participation. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival. Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, poor quality photos, or for failure to received entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failure or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. All entries become property of Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each contestant grants to Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the contestant’s submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each contestant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsors may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The Bacon Queen Contest is sponsored by Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival. The decisions of Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after Feb. 24, 2022) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit blueribbonbaconfestival.com/baconkqueenrules or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Bacon Queen Contest, Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival, 300 Walnut St, Ste. 200, , Des Moines, IA 50309. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Marshall Porter at 515-577-5145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.